QuickBooks company files contain all the data, including payroll reports, invoices, forms, charts of accounts, etc. Sometimes, while accessing the company file, you can encounter the error C=387. The error can occur due to issues with registry files, corrupted TLG and ND files, problems with values in the reports, corruption in company files, and various other reasons.
In this post, you will learn some quick solutions to fix this C series error in QuickBooks. You’ll also find about an advanced QuickBooks recovery software that can easily repair corrupt company files without any data loss.
Some Quick Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error C=387
You can follow the below troubleshooting methods to fix the QuickBooks error C=387.
Method 1: Check and Download QuickBooks Desktop Updates
Sometimes, downloading the latest updates of the QuickBooks version can help you fix the error C=387 in QuickBooks. To check for the latest updates, open your QuickBooks application and then press the F2 key. The Product Information dialog box is displayed with your QuickBooks application’s current version and release.
If the QuickBooks application is not up-to-date, then download and install the latest QuickBooks updates by following the below-cited steps:
- Go to the Help option in QuickBooks.
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Choose the Update Now option and then select Get Updates.
- The update process will start. You can close the QuickBooks and restart the application once the update process is completed.
- You will see the Installer wizard asking you to install the updates. Click Yes.
- Once the installation is complete, then proceed with the on-screen instructions.
Method 2: Rename the TLG/ND Files
Many users have reported that they’re able to fix the C series error, such as C=387, by renaming the ND/TLG files. These configuration files are required to establish a successful network connection in QuickBooks. This method will work if you are facing an error in a network environment. To rename the ND/TLG files, follow these steps:
- First, locate the folder where you have saved your QuickBooks company file.
- Now scroll down to find the file name that matches your company file but with.ND and . TLG extension.
- Click on one of the files, right-click on it, and then click Rename.
- Repeat the same instructions to rename other files.
Method 3: Repair your Company File
The QuickBooks error C-387 can sometimes occur due to corruption in the company files. If you suspect the error has been caused by corruption in the company file, then you can rebuild the company file data using the Verify and Rebuild tool. If this tool fails to work, you can run Intuit’s recommended “QuickBooks File Doctor Tool” to fix issues with the company file.
To use the File Doctor tool, first download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and then follow the below steps:
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- In Tool Hub, click on the option labeled “Company File Issues. Choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- In the QuickBooks File Doctor window, click on the desired QBW file.
- The application will prompt you to fill in the QuickBooks® Admin credentials. Enter the credentials and then click the Next button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
If the File Doctor tool fails to repair the company file, then the only option is to use a professional QuickBooks repair tool. One such reliable tool is Stellar Repair for QuickBooks which can repair and restore all the data from corrupt or damaged company files. It can even repair severely damaged QBW files and help fix common errors that occur due to corruption in company files. You can download the free trial version of the software to check how it works. It can be downloaded on any Windows system.
When accessing payroll items in the QuickBooks company file, you can experience the QuickBooks Desktop C=387 error. In this post, we have discussed how to troubleshoot this C series error in QuickBooks. Corruption in company files can also lead to this QuickBooks error. In such a case, you can use the QuickBooks native repair tools, mentioned in this post, to repair the company file and fix the issue. If nothing works, then you can opt for Stellar Repair for QuickBooks. This tool can quickly repair the corrupted company file and recover all estimates, reports, forms, and other data from the QBW file with complete precision. This QuickBooks repair tool is compatible with all QuickBooks® versions – from 2007 to 2023.