A comprehensive guide on how to fix the Diablo 4 DX12 Not Supported GPU error. If you’re encountering this issue while trying to run Diablo 4, don’t worry. If you are getting the error message “DX12 Not Supported by GPU” which occurs when your computer’s graphics card does not support DirectX 12. DirectX 12 is a newer version of the DirectX API, which is used by games and other applications to interact with graphics cards.
There are a few reasons with your graphics card might not support DirectX 12. One possibility is that your graphics card is too old. DirectX 12 was released in 2015, so if your graphics card was released before then, it is unlikely to support it. Another possibility is that your graphics card does not have the hardware features required for DirectX 12. DirectX 12 requires certain features such as hardware tessellation and asynchronous computing, which are not available on all graphics cards.
Step 1: Update your graphics card drivers. Download the latest version of GPU drivers from the website of your graphics card manufacturer.
Step 2: Disable DirectX 12
If updating your drivers didn’t solve the issue, try disabling DirectX 12 in the Diablo 4 settings. Open the Diablo 4 settings and navigate to the Video tab. Select DirectX 11 in the Graphics API section. Exit the settings menu after saving the changes.
Step 3: Start the Game in Compatibility Mode
If disabling DirectX 12 didn’t work, try running the game in compatibility mode. Right-click the Diablo 4 shortcut & select Properties. Check the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode” and choose Windows from the drop-down menu on the Compatibility tab. To save the changes, click OK.
Step 4: Reinstall Diablo 4
If none of the above steps resolve the issue, try reinstalling Diablo 4. Completely uninstall the game from your computer using the Programs and Features window. Restart your computer and then reinstall the game from a reliable source or use the original installation media.
Read Also: How To Fix Error Code 429 Roblox
Understanding the Diablo 4 DX12 Not Supported by GPU Error
The Diablo 4 DX12 Not Supported by GPU error occurs when your computer’s graphics processing unit (GPU) does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game with DirectX 12 (DX12) enabled. Diablo 4, like many modern games, utilizes DX12 for enhanced graphics and performance. However, not all GPUs support this technology.
To fix the Diablo 4 DX12 Not Supported by GPU error, follow the steps outlined below. Please note that these steps are presented in a logical order, starting with the most common and simplest solutions.
- Check for updates. DirectX 12 is updated regularly, so make sure you have the latest version installed. You can check for updates by going to Windows Update and clicking Check for updates.
- Update your graphics drivers. Your graphics card manufacturer may have released a new driver that fixes problems with DirectX 12. You can download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Disable hardware acceleration. Hardware acceleration can sometimes cause problems with DirectX 12. To disable it, go to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Performance > Settings > Graphics. Under Hardware acceleration, uncheck the box next to Use Hardware acceleration for programs that request it.
- Repair DirectX 12. If you are still having problems, you can try to repair DirectX 12. To do this, download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from the Microsoft website and run it.
- Reinstall your operating system. If you are still having the same problems, then you need to reinstall your operating system again.
If you have done all of these steps and are still getting issues, you should contact the manufacturer of your graphics card for assistance.
How to download the latest graphics driver manually
- Identify your graphics card. You can do this by opening Device Manager and looking under the “Display Adapters” category.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website. Once you know your graphics card model. you should go manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver for your specific model.
- Download the driver. The driver will typically be a .exe file.
- Install the driver. Once the driver is downloaded, double-click on it to start the installation process.
- Restart your computer. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Here are the links to the websites of the major graphics card manufacturers:
In conclusion, the Diablo 4 Dx12 Not Supported GPU Error indicates that the player’s graphics processing unit (GPU) does not meet the necessary requirements to run the game in DirectX 12 mode. This error typically occurs when the game detects an incompatible or outdated GPU that lacks the required features and capabilities to support the DirectX 12 rendering technology.