How do I set up WhatsApp? rules for using WhatsApp, we are going to discuss in today’s article.
if I’m not wrong, then WhatsApp Messenger is the world’s most popular and famous instant messaging app that you may be using too.
Each of us sends different types of text SMS, images, audio, or videos to different people every day through WhatsApp and receives them from them.
the main reason for the popularity of the WhatsApp messenger app is that it is possible to communicate through SMS very easily and quickly.
apart from this, more people use this messenger app, focusing on the trust of group chatting, media sharing, and end-to-end encryption.
so it is very important for us to know every important setting associated with this popular messaging app used by us regularly.
With an eye on online privacy and security, WhatsApp has brought in a lot of privacy and security settings from time to time.
And trust me, each of the WhatsApp settings mentioned below will be of great use to you.
9 Important WhatsApp Settings
below, I’ll talk about the emergency settings for WhatsApp, most of which are very important for your online privacy and security.
so, as per your convenience and need, you can apply the settings of WhatsApp mentioned below.
- Status Privacy
- Chat Background Wallpaper
- 2 Step Verification
- WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock
- WhatsApp Auto-Download
- Chat Backup Setting
- Last Seen Privacy
- Read Receipts
- Profile Photo Privacy
let’s now know in detail about each of the settings mentioned above and know the rules of use of the settings.
One of the most important settings for WhatsApp is its “Status privacy settings”.
After setting status privacy, our WhatsApp statuses will not be able to be viewed without our permission.
Thus, whenever we upload any kind of media (images, videos) to our status, they may be set with the “My contacts” option by default.
in this way, every contact that saves your uploaded status media on your mobile will be able to see your status.
In this, only your favorite people who are saved in your contact list can see your WhatsApp status.
To change status privacy, you need to go to WhatsApp settings >> Accounts >> Privacy >> Status.
there are basically 3 options that you can use.
My contacts – It is already set and in this case, every contact saved on your mobile can see your status.
My contacts except – In this case, you can hide the status only from the selected people by selecting some of your contacts. Every person in your contacts can see your status outside of the people you have selected.
Only share with – In the case of this option, you can only share your status with some selected contacts. No one else can see your status outside of the selected contacts.
Chat Background Wallpaper
Many of you may not know that you can set a background wallpaper in WhatsApp chat.
of course, this is not WhatsApp’s security or privacy setting, but you can make your WhatsApp chatting more attractive through wallpaper.
however, keep in mind that you need to set the wallpaper separately for each chat contact.
How to set the wallpaper in WhatsApp, this process is much simpler.
- First of all, you need to go to the chats tab of your WhatsApp account and open any one of the chats.
- Now, at the top, you will see 3 options, “video call icon”, “Voice call icon” and “End 3 dot icon (⋮)”.
- click directly on the “⋮” icon and you will see an option in the wallpaper where you need to click.
- After clicking on the wallpaper, you can see the option of chat wallpaper and click on the “Change” button below to use the custom wallpapers as chat backgrounds.
- By clicking on the My Photos button, you can select any picture or image chat as a chat background from the file manager on your mobile.
2 Step Verification
“2-Step Verification” is a great security feature from WhatsApp that we all need to use.
through this, you can increase the security of your WhatsApp account.
When enabling two-step verification, you need to create a six-digit PIN.
Now, whenever you try to verify WhatsApp with that same mobile number at any time, the six-digit PIN created will have to be given first.
In this way, your WhatsApp account will never be able to log in without your permission and your account will be safe from hackers.
Today, almost every popular social media account such as Instagram, Facebook, etc. has a two-step verification option.
How to enable two-step verification
- First of all, open WhatsApp Settings.
- Now follow this step, account > enable two-step verification >.
- Now enter and confirm with the six-digit PIN of your choice.
- now you will be asked to provide your email ID.
- You have to provide an email ID so that if you forget the PIN, the
- the two-step verification process can be reset.
- Tap “Next” now.
- After confirming the email ID, tap Save or Done.
৪. WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock
This is my favorite feature offered by WhatsApp and I continue to use this feature.
With fingerprint lock, you can set extra security for your WhatsApp account, so that no one can break and open your account.
Just as every smartphone has a fingerprint lock nowadays to open the lock of the mobile, you can set the fingerprint lock through this feature.
Once this Fingerprint Lock has been enabled, WhatsApp cannot be opened on your mobile without your fingerprint.
So, make sure to keep your WhatsApp account secure from friends or other people.
Enable the fingerprint lock like this:
- WhatsApp > More options “⋮” > Settings > Account > Privacy
- Now look at the bottom of the “Fingerprint lock” option that you tap on.
- Now tap directly into the option of “Unlock with fingerprint”.
- now there are 3 options in place of the automatic lock below, from which select any one of the options.
- “Immediately” means immediately locked, “after 1 minute” means that WhatsApp will be locked 1 minute after closing, and “after 30 minutes” means that WhatsApp will be locked 30 minutes after closing.
Another set for WhatsApp is “Media auto-download”.
many times many photos, audio files, videos, etc. come into our WhatsApp that are sent by our friends, different groups, or our loved ones.
in this case, if we do not want to see them or do not want to download them, they are also downloaded from our WhatsApp to the file manager on their own.
in this, our mobile data/internet pack runs out quickly.
so, with the help of WhatsApp’s auto download files settings, you can prevent the media from being downloaded manually and only if you want, it can be downloaded manually.
WhatsApp media to set auto download –
- You must proceed, WhatsApp > tap More choices “” > Settings > Storage and data > Auto-download media
- Click on the option “when using mobile data” to uncheck the photo, audio, video, and documents and do OK. In this way, “No media” will be set for mobile data.
- now, the media will not be downloaded to your WhatsApp account when you use mobile data.
Chat Backup Setting
WhatsApp’s next emergency setting is called “chat backup”.
if your WhatsApp chatting (chats) are very important to you and in the future, if you still want to get your chat history back after the mobile is lost or stolen, then WhatsApp chat backup will come in handy for you.
with chat backup, you can save every chat on your WhatsApp within the Google Drive account online.
to put it directly, regular backups of your WhatsApp account will continue to be created.
in this, anytime you want to get back your old chat history, you will get it.
How do do a WhatsApp chat backup?
- You have to go, to WhatsApp > tap More options “⋮” > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Now you will see the “Back UP” button directly where to click/tap.
- but remember, you need to select a Google account to save your WhatsApp backups online.
- To select a Google account, you need to go to the Google Drive Settings below.
- Now, click/tap on the Google account and select your Google account.
- Tap the “Backup to Google Drive” option on the top and select how many days you want to back up.
Last Seen Privacy
WhatsApp has a feature of The Last Seen through which we can see and know the time when other WhatsApp users were last online.
however, with the last seen privacy settings, you can hide or hide your last seen.
in this, you won’t be able to see when WhatsApp was last online.
however, after doing this setting, you will also not be able to see other people last seen but.
In order to hide Important WhatsApp Settings Last Sin, you need to go, to “WhatsApp > More options “⋮” > Settings > Accounts > Privacy > Last Seen > Nobody.
once you have set the nobody in the last seen option, you will not be able to see the last time you were online in WhatsApp.
whenever we send a text message to another WhatsApp user in WhatsApp, and when they read that text message, we are shown two blue double ticks of blue.
similarly, when we read or see a message sent by someone, they are shown the blue tick and informed that the message has been viewed.
so, through this blue right tear, we can understand that the message sent has been read or viewed.
not only the messages but also the media and other documents are sent, it can be understood through this blue tick whether they have been viewed or not.
now, if you want to show them the blue tick when you read someone else’s messages,
Then you need to disable the option by going to the read receipts setting of WhatsApp.
if the read receipts setting is off/disabled, the sender will not know if you have read the messages sent to you or not.
In that case, you have to go, “WhatsApp > More options “⋮” > Settings > Accounts > Privacy > Read receipts”.
now directly, tap/click on the read receipts option and disable the option.
Profile Photo Privacy
thus, there is an Important WhatsApp Settings through which you can set who can see your profile picture.
there are 3 different options in the setting of this “who can see my profile”.
- My contacts
Now, if you have selected everyone’s option, then you can definitely see your WhatsApp profile picture.
in this case, you are certainly not protecting your privacy.
If you have selected the option of “My Contacts”, your profile picture will only be shown to your contacts.
and so, selecting this option is very important in protecting your privacy.
finally, if you have selected “nobody”, your profile picture will not be shown to anyone.
In this case, to apply the settings, you need to go to ” WhatsApp > More options “⋮” > Settings > Accounts > Privacy > Profile Photo.
now select your preferred option.
so friends, through today’s article, we came to know about the important WhatsApp settings.
if you don’t know how to use these settings in WhatsApp, then I’ve told you the whole thing about that.
In addition, I also mentioned some Important WhatsApp Settings that are very important in protecting the security and privacy of your WhatsApp account.
in the end, write about how to set up WhatsApp, if you like today’s article, then you will definitely share the article on social media.
in addition, if there are any questions or suggestions associated with the article, please comment below.